Committed to safety, integrity and excellence
If you have a commitment to your community and want to be a part of a team, then the Texas City Police Department may be right for you. Applications are accepted year-round. For more information call Corporal Steve Byrd at (409) 643-5765.
- Recruitment Flyer
- City of Texas City Job Application form
(Email completed application to email@example.com.)
Police Officer Requirements:
- Have reached his/her 21st birthday prior to appointment to the position of Police Officer.
- Be fingerprinted and subjected to state, local, and national criminal records checks.
- Not been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above a grade of Class B Misdemeanor for last ten (10) years.
- Not have been convicted of any Class B or above misdemeanor, excluding traffic violations within the last seven (7) years.
- Not been convicted of any family (domestic) violence related offense.
- Not have been convicted of a prior felony offense.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be subjected to a thorough,comprehensive background investigation and interview.
- a. Completed high
school,or, possess a valid G.E.D.
b. Meet or exceed minimum TCLEOSE standards for future certification and/or possess a certification at time of employment .
- All applicants must pass medical, mental and drug testing requirements.
- Not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions.
- Must have an insurable driving record according to the city's insurance policy.
- Not have been convicted of more than five (5) moving violations within the past three(3) years.
- Have no prior DWI convictions.
- Have no convictions of any crime involving moral turpitude.
- Not have previously left the employment of this agency under other than honorable conditions.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
Texas City Police Department Benefits:
- 15 days vacation annually, 20 days upon completion of 13 years service
- Longevity pay
- Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Alternate Plan
- Holiday Pay (10 per year)
- Personal Day inventive plan
- Health Insurance
- Shift Differential pay
- Field Training Officer Pay
- Call-out pay
- Equipment allowance pay
- Bilingual pay
- College tuition reimbursement program
For your safety and security, the Texas City Police Department is on duty for you around the clock. For non-emergency questions and issues, please call (409) 643-5760. For emergencies and urgent situations, call 911.