|Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center|
Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center
1700 5th Avenue North
Texas City, Texas 77590
The Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center is an amazing aquatic venture for all ages to enjoy that features a lazy river, flume slides, cool water spa, childrens play area, and much more. Parents can watch their children splash in the water from a comfortable lounge chair. The on-site concession area will ensure that you do not even need to leave the park to get a snack and a drink.
No outside food and drinks are allowed. Only bottled water will be permitted.
A ladies, mens, and family restroom are provided at the facility. Each is equipped with changing areas, restrooms, and showers.
Swimsuits are required for any person entering the water.
Tables with umbrellas and picnic tables under shade pavilions are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
Coast Guard-approved floatation devices are the only floatation devices allowed in the water.
Closed May 31 - June 1.
Open daily: June 7 - August 24 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Open weekends only (Saturday & Sunday): August 30 - September 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(15 & under)
(15 & under)
We also have private reservations from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. It costs $300 for a resident and $400 for a non-resident. We begin booking again on Monday, April 7, 2014. All reservations must be made in person at the Lowry Fitness Center.
GENERAL RULES AND POLICIES
- All patrons entering the facility must pay an admission that is correlated with the correct residency and age for the patron.
- Proof of residency is imperative to ensure that residents of Texas City are receiving the price advantage for the city facility. In order to maintain a consistent proof of residency, the patron must prove residency with the following documents:
- Texas City water bill
- Texas City property tax bill
- Texas Driver's license with a Texas City address
- Youth guests can prove residency by displaying their Texas City ISD identification card.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 16 years.
- Anyone entering the water must be attired in an approved swimsuit. Swimsuits are designed to be quick drying and are generally made from smooth nylon material. They are durable and hold up to wear from contact with pool chemicals. An appropriate swimsuit is defined as a swim garment with an affixed/ sewn inner lining that is marketed and sold as a bathing suit.
- No gym shorts (i.e. Under Armour, Mesh, Basketball, Soffe, etc.). Linings in shorts may not qualify as appropriate swimwear. Inappropriate attire may damage our pumps and chemicals. Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation are not permitted on play features or slides. Thong bikinis or other revealing swimwear is not permitted. Lifeguard gear or other insignia is not allowed for liability reasons.
- All children wearing disposable or cloth diapers must have their diapers securely closed by a pair of plastic pants that feature an elastic leg and waist openings. Swim diapers are recommended, along with the plastic pants. Please do not change diapers on the deck. A changing station is provided in the restrooms for the patrons' convenience.
- The manager on duty has the authorization to request anyone to take a shower before entering the pool.
- Abusive or profane language will not be permitted. Patrons engaging in harassing and/or violent behavior will receive immediate disciplinary action. In addition, any patron to be found possessing a weapon will be asked to leave without a refund. Texas City Police will be called.
- Smoking, other tobacco products, alcohol, drugs and gambling are not permitted.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- Glass containers and bottles are prohibited.
- No running, horseplay or fighting in the facility is allowed. Dunking, riding shoulders, etc., is not allowed. Patrons are not allowed to throw other patrons into or across the water.
- Acts of physical affection are not permitted.
- Loitering is not permitted along the outside of the fence line or adjacent to the facility.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved floatation devices are allowed.
- Only employees are allowed in the pump room, mechanical room, concession stand and ticketing booth.
- Animals are restricted from the facility (unless the animal is a service animal).
- The Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center Staff are not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, vandalized or left unattended. Lockers are provided for a per use fee to store personal items.
- You must be at least 48 inches tall to ride this attraction.
- Rider is not permitted to enter the slide until instructed by the lifeguard.
- Do not run, jump, stand, kneel or dive onto the slide.
- Enter, ride and exit slide feet first.
- Cutting in line, horseplay and other unsafe behavior is not permitted.
- Loitering on the stairs is not permitted.
- Standing, stopping and sliding down head-first are not allowed.
- Metal objects, glasses, jewelry, metal snaps, watches, etc., are not allowed on the water slide.
- Swimsuits with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation is not permitted.
- Floatation devices are not allowed on the slide.
- Keep hands inside the slide at all times.
- Only one person is allowed on the slide at a time.
- Move towards the exit stairs in the catch pool immediately after exiting the slide.
- Do not cross in front of the other slide.